Monday, August 8, 2016

Argentina ~week 73

So this week was pretty busy being the first week of the transfer.
On Tuesday we had a normal day, my companions first day in the area. In the morning we went out looking for less actives and old investigators and contacting. In the afternooon we went to look for the catholic kid investigator that we got last week with a member with us. The kid wasn't there, so we visited a less active family with the member. Then we went to our stake center for training for a capilla abierta (open house) that they do here. We had to help our because another ward in our zone had it on Saturday. We also want to do one this transfer.
Wednesday we had district meeting and met the new district. It's cool but small now. It's me and my companion. The 2 hermanas in our ward and 2 hermanas from another ward. They're both training. Then we had lunch with the Ifran family, and they we went contacting in the farthest away part in our area, then we had a ward family night.
Thursday I had a meeting for all the district leaders in the mission. They talked to us about our responsibilities and about obedience. They are hoping to increase the obedience in our whole mission. My companion was on exchanges the whole time. We got back in the afternoon, did some contacting and finished the day like that.
Friday morning we did weekly planning. We had lunch in the pension and did contacting all afternoon.
Saturday we had the capilla abierta in a ward called Romero in my zone. We were there all day. We had to stand outside and invite people in for a few hours.
Sunday we had church. I got the assignment to play the piano every sunday in sacrament meeting. The bishop did that before, and he knew that I played, but he just barely asked me if I wanted to. It's pretty cool. That night we had a family night with a family that just has the mom and the 19 year old some. They're a little less active and we want to help him go on a mission. We shared 3 Nephi 12 14-16 with them, about how we are the light of the world and how we have to share it. Randomly another less active showed up, and one of their friends, Sandra, so we got a new investigator. She was uninterested at first, and now has a little more interest.
And I guess that's it for this week. We were very busy but it was fun.
Here's a picture of me and my companion in front of the church building.
Anyways have a great week everybody!
-Elder Severtson

No comments:

Post a Comment