Tuesday, February 17, 2015

MTC Week 5

Hola everybody!
This is my last week in the MTC! I got my travel plans on Thursday which I attached a picture of. I'm going to be traveling for a long time! Here's what I did this week:
Wednesday: We did service in the morning. I got a package with my glasses, ties, and snacks. We also hosted new missionaries that arrived that day. We got a new district in our zone.
Thursday: We just had class all day, learning how to teach the Word of Wisdom, and learned passive voice in spanish.
Friday: We had class all day again... We talked about Christ-like attributes in a part of the class. We took the Christlike attributes assessment in Preach My Gospel. It's a really cool way to measure your spiritual progress.
Saturday: Mostly just class all day again. Our teachers focused their lessons on love because it was Valentine's day. We did service in the morning, and mostly just talked about teaching the law of chastity and the word of wisdom.
Sunday: I played the piano in Sacrament meeting. The theme for the day was recognizing the spirit. We were in charge of the district devotional that day so we had to teach a one hour lesson. We watched the movie "The Testaments" and we had Sunday Night Devotional.
Monday: We learned about the Subjunctive tense in Spanish. We also talked with members that speak spanish over skype.

Anyways, everything is going great here! I can't wait until Monday, I'll be leaving the MTC Monday morning and arriving in Argentina Tuesday morning. We heard a quote in the Sunday Night Devotional that said "When everything around you says you can't, believe in the part of you that says you can". When we took the Christ-like attributes test our teacher compared it to holding stained-glass up to the light. When you do that you can see all the mistakes in it. And that light is Christ. When we come unto Christ we find more ways we can improve ourselves, and when it becomes overwhelming, just believe in the part of you that says you can do it!

Have a great week everybody!
-Elder Severtson




No comments:

Post a Comment