Tuesday, February 3, 2015

MTC Week 3 (Half Way!)

Hola familia! Como estan?
I've had another great week here, it is amazing! I can't believe I'm already halfway done with the MTC. The days can get pretty repetitive here, but it's really fun! Mission life is going good, and I can't wait to go to Argentina! My Spanish is improving a lot, I feel like I can read and understand most of it, but speaking and hearing is still a lot harder...
The days are getting really repetitive hear, so I'm forgetting what I already told all of you. Also, I forgot my journal back in the classroom, and I usually use that to remember each day.
Anyways, from last Wednesday to Saturday we mostly just had class and taught our "investigators". We started a new thing where we are teaching members that volunteer here too! We get so much practice doing this, using only Spanish, I notice we get better like everytime! Also every Wednesday and Saturday morning we have service time where we do some cleaning.
I remember Thursday, Elder Glade in our district gave us these Mexican Chili Powder Candy sucker things. Me, Elder Bailey (One of my companions) and another Elder in our district drank all the extra powder and it was funny, we all had to spit it out. We got it on video, but it's too large to send. I'll see if I can eventually get it to you all!
I don't know if I mentioned yet, but me and Elder Milne were looking at our pedigree charts and found out we're like 5th cousins or something. Also, me and Elder Bridge have the same exact birthday so we say we're "twins", haha.
Sunday was good too. I played the piano in Sacrament meeting which went well. Every Sunday and Tuesday night there are devotionals which are great. Since it was fast sunday, we also had missionary conference which was cool too.
On Monday Elder Grider was sick, so just me and Elder Bailey had to do our teaching that day. We also had to walk to the store to buy him medicine, and I have a video of us I'll send to my dad later if it isn't too big. Also, one of the districts in our zone if leaving. Most already left, so I think we might get another district soon. Elder Bridge and Elder Shoemaker are our zone leaders now.
This morning we went to the temple as usual. We woke up at 4:15 to say goodbye to one of our old zone leaders, Elder Watson, before he left. The other zone leader already left too.
Anyways, last night we had a "noche de hogar" or "family night" thing with our district, and I played the piano at it. We talked about the Atonement too.
One thing I wanted to share about it was that Jesus suffered for ALL of our pains. Not just for our sins/guilt. Any bad thing that has happened to you, he has felt. Without him, we would have to live with every pain for the rest of our lives. And even more, there is no way we can repay him. When we are obedient and serving him, he just blesses us more, which is amazing!
Well, hopefully I remember my journal next time so I can write more details.
Let me know if anyone else wants added to my weekly email list!

I'm having a great time here and I love you all!
-Elder Severtson (or Severt Elderson, as I got my district calling me :) lol)

P.S. Here are just some more random videos we took this week:
One is at the Health Clinic waiting for Elder Grider, playing with these spinning toys they have there.
The other is walking to the store to buy him medicine.
I had to set them to the lowest quality to get them to send, and that limits them to 30 seconds too.

P.S.S. One more video of me practicing, "Come thou fount of every blessing" for a sacrament meeting musical number.

P.S.S.S. So I am almost out of time to write emails, but I'll answer your questions that you asked:
I feel like I'm ready, and I'm excited to go to Argentina. I haven't heard about my VISA yet, but usually they wait to give it to you with your travel plans a few days before leaving.
I have seen Christian Glasgow several times already.
I get the DearElder letters pretty quick. Usually just the day after you send them, but I think it just depends on the time you send it. Not all of them say the time sent anyways.
That's cool about your new calling, sounds exciting!
Great news about the Severtson Screens app, let me know how many downloads it gets. You can check on the itunesconnect website.
Anyways, like I said in my other email, its going really great here! I love it and I'm making lots of good friends! That's sad about the person who died, but cool that the guy wants to date Kami now :)
If you want to use my amazon account to buy stuff for me you can. I have like $40 and some more ties or candy or anything would be cool. If you can send me some popcorn, candy, ties, or anything else you think I'd want, with my glasses that would be cool :)
Well, we're just about out of time so we're gonna go on with our day now!
Have a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment