Monday, March 28, 2016

Argentina ~week 55

We had another pretty good week this week. Today we had transfers and I'm staying. I forgot to bring my old agenda to the computer place (normally I use it to write my letters so I can remember what day everything was). Alot of the time we were just contacting people in the street.
On Tuesday we had District Meeting, then had lunch with Danny Galvan, a guy in the ward who was a returned missionary, went inactive, and is recently active again. He always helps us do visits. After lunch he went with us to teach one of the friends of the young men, but he wasn't there. Then we just went to look for some less active families.
Wednesday morning we were contacting, then we had lunch with the Montenegro family. After that we went and visited Felisa. We printed off a picture of her baptism, that she liked alot. We're helping prepare her to do baptisms in the temple for her ancestors. She's doing really good, loves going to church, and some of her family members have already asked for visits (they live outside our area so we can't teach them, so we passed the referrals to other elders). After we went and had mission correlation meeting.
Thursday morning we had a few appointments to go to. But they all cancelled on us. So most of the morning we were just doing contacting. We had lunch with the Silva family, and then stayed to teach one of the kid's friends, Leandro, who was there. He's about 15. We taught him the restoration, and help him to pray. That night we went to the church and played soccer with the young men.
My companion hurt his foot on Thursday, so Friday morning we just did weekly planning and cleaning in the pension. Later we were about to go out and visit a few families. Hardly anyone was home so we just did alot more contacting.
Saturday in the morning we visited one of our investigators Olga, who shared with us about how hard her life is for her, so we shared the Gospel lesson, instead of the restoration as we were originally planning to share. She felt alot better and wants to come to church next Sunday. Then we had lunch with the Jerez family. They are a very poor and lonely old couple. They always invite us over and talk nonstop to us and are grateful for our visits. It's always hard to leave because they don't let us talk, haha. Then we visited Felisa, and helped her more with genealogy stuff. We also tried to help her subscribe for the Liahona magazine, but they never answered the phone.
Sunday we had church. We were in charge of teaching the Gospel Principles class because the teacher wasn't there. Elder Gatto said goodbye to everyone in the ward (the zone leaders called us on Fridayabout transfers and said he was leaving. This transfer they didn't tell people where they were going). After church we went to the pension and cooked lunch. Then Elder Meza was throwing up so we couldn't leave. Later, the zone leaders called and said Elder Gatto wasn't leaving. Also Elder Orellana, my second trainer finished the mission today. He was District Leader, and we don't know who the new district leader is yet.
Anyways that's about all this week. It was  a busy week. Here are some pictures:
One is a sign about Obama that's in all the bus stops. Some pictures of lunch with Danny, and pictures from the Gira Misional last week with a few zones.
Have a great week everyone!
-Elder Severtson

We don't know who the new district leader is yet, and everyone thinks it will be me, haha. Anyways, I'm here for another 6 weeks, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment